Baldomer Gili i Roig was a Catalan painter, draftsman and photographer. His father was a teacher and editor. His brother, Gustau (Gustavo, 1868–1945), became the founder of Editorial Gustavo Gili , a major publishing company. In 1882, the family moved to Irun, where he began his first art lessons with José Salís Camino , a marine artist and follower of Camille Corot. Six years later, the family returned to Barcelona and he enrolled at the Escola de la Llotja. It was there that he came under the influence of the Sorollistas and brightened his palette.
The following year, he held his first showing in his hometown and, with the help of Jaume Morera, received a stipend from the local government to study in Italy. At first, he lived in a Capuchin monastery near Rome, in Frascati, then at the Villa Strohl Fern in the Villa Borghese. While there, he sent paintings back to Lleida (to show that he was fulfilling the conditions of his stipend), and to an exposition in Paris. In 1901, he participated in the National Exhibition of Fine Arts.
After four years, he returned to Barcelona. In addition to his paintings, he provided illustrations for several notable publications, including L’Esquella de la Torratxa. Many of his drawings were signed « L’Alegret » (possibly a reference to Alegret, the Gascon troubadour). He also tried his hand at being a playwright. In 1909, the Teatre Apolo premiered his musical comedy La Canción de la Ninfa; written under the nom-de-plume « Emilio Roig », with music by Pedro Enrique de Ferrán.
He was fascinated with photography as well and almost always went about with a camera on hand, producing over a thousand glass plates, documenting the places and people in his life, which his descendants presented to the Museu d’Art Jaume Morera in 2009
Over the next decade, he continued to exhibit frequently and widely throughout Europe and South America, visiting Buenos Aires and Montevideo in 1925. He died of pneumonia at the end of 1926.
(21 May 1870 – 26 October 1928) was an Austrian print graphic designer , photographer and portrait painter
Schmutzer came from a traditional Viennese artist family. His great-grandfather Jacob Matthias Schmutzer founded the « kk engraver-Academie » in Vienna, which was soon merged with the « Imperial Academy of Fine Arts United ». Like his grandfather and father Ferdinand Schmutzer initially dealt with sculpture , but subsequently studied at the Vienna Academy , the painting . In a study in the Netherlands, the influence aroused Rembrandt van Rijn’s his interest in the etching . Soon Schmutzer enjoyed great success with his photo portraitsof Viennese society. Prominent contemporaries such as Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein , Emperor Franz Josef , the Vienna Philharmonic or Karl Lueger stood in his model.
Schmutzer exhibited his works internationally and has received several prizes and awards. In 1901 he was awarded at the Great Berlin Art Exhibition a small gold medal and 1905 a large. One particular innovation was the use of large formats in the technique of etching were unknown until then. 1901 Schmutzer was a member of the Viennese Secession , 1908, he was recognized as a master of his art professor at the Academy of Fine Arts Viennaappointed. In addition to the large formats, he introduced new techniques: he used new etching method and experimented with new needles. From 1922 to 1924 he was the Academy ago as rector. 1928 Ferdinand Schmutzer died 58-year-old in Vienna in his villa in the Sternwartestraße. His daughter was the artist Susanne Peschke-Schmutzer .
Painter, Drawer and Photographer 1858-1929 Berlin
Pour ses peintures de nus des années 1900 à 1903, il a utilisé les studios d » August Gaule et d’ August Army. Les photos de nus de Zille montrent ce qui se passe dans le studio entre les modèles et les étudiants dans leur travail.